Motorcycle Heist Investigation Leads to Varied Fates for Suspects

motorcycle heist suspects

In the aftermath of a daring motorcycle heist in Limassol, two suspects were released due to lack of evidence while the remaining three were tied to the crime. Two of the three are now detained, while the third received conditional bail, shedding light on the challenges of cross-border crime and keeping the public intrigued about the final verdict.

What were the outcomes of the motorcycle heist investigation in Limassol?

In the wake of a daring motorcycle heist that took place in Limassol, significant developments emerged from the legal proceedings involving the suspects. Out of the five individuals apprehended in connection with the theft, two were set free this past Wednesday after investigators could not establish any ties between them and the incident in question.

The Court’s Findings

During the court session held in the northern part of Nicosia, it was revealed that while two suspects had been cleared, the remaining three had indeed crossed into the Republic early in the morning on the day of the crime. With one suspect making their way through the Pergamos checkpoint and the other two managing to bypass checkpoints altogether, their movements suggested a premeditated plan.

The Crime Detailed

Investigators pieced together the trio’s actions, which culminated in the break-in at Moto Race, a motorcycle shop in Limassol. Upon shattering the storefront glass, they made off with two motorcycles, valuing approximately €21,000 in total, and loaded them onto their pickup truck. They then retreated to the north, passing again through the Pergamos checkpoint.

Aftermath and Owner’s Reaction

The owner of the motorcycle shop, Jack Lambrou, took prompt action by reporting the crime to the Turkish Cypriot police after traveling to the north later the same day. The police’s investigation led to the revelation that two of the suspects had prior records for similar offenses, prompting a request for their continued detention. Conversely, the suspect without a criminal background was offered bail.

Judicial Decisions

Judge Zehra Yalkut Bilgec, presiding over the case, ruled in line with the police’s requests. Two suspects were ordered to remain in custody for up to two months. The third suspect was granted conditional bail upon a cash deposit of 35,000 TL (around €1,105) and the provision of two guarantors for a bond of 250,000 TL (€7,890).

The Lingering Questions

While the legal proceedings took a turn with the release of two suspects, the case remains active with the other three facing their charges. The investigative process illustrated the complexities of cross-border crime and the vigilance required by authorities in such scenarios. With the motorcycles’ recovery and the shop owner’s response, the case continues to hold the public’s attention, awaiting the final verdict.

Quick Recap

  • Two suspects were released due to insufficient evidence linking them to the crime.
  • The remaining three were tied to the heist, with two having past criminal records.
  • Two of the three are detained for up to two months, while the third received conditional bail.
  • The case highlighted the challenges of cross-border crime.

About The Author

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top