The Limassol district court has extended the remand for two individuals suspected in the murder of Thanasis Kalogeropoulos. Evidence includes CCTV footage and vehicles linked to the suspects, with additional forensic ties to a 41-year-old involved in the case. An international team joins the investigation, indicating its complexity and broader implications.
What is the current status of the suspects in the Thanasis Kalogeropoulos murder case?
The Limassol district court has extended the remand of two individuals suspected of Thanasis Kalogeropoulos’ murder. Evidence includes CCTV footage and vehicles linked to the suspects, with additional forensic ties to a 41-year-old involved in the case. An international team joins the investigation, indicating its complexity and broader implications.
The Limassol district court has once again extended the remand for two young individuals implicated in the brazen murder of Thanasis Kalogeropoulos. This tragic event unfolded in broad daylight on October 30 in Yermasoyia, a shocking occurrence for the local community. The suspects, merely 21 and 22 years old, were escorted to the proceedings amidst a formidable police escort, a testament to the severity of the case.
Thanasis Kalogeropoulos was known by the authorities and met his untimely end soon after partaking in the daily routine of taking his daughter to school before going for his customary swim. The court was informed that the two suspects were implicated by a blend of witness testimony and incriminating CCTV footage.
The Trail of Evidence
Evidence presented suggested a premeditated act, with vehicles linked to the younger suspect allegedly used for both the assailants’ transportation and the subsequent escape on a motorcycle. Further, footage from surveillance cameras placed both suspects at a residence which, according to police, served as the nerve center for orchestrating Kalogeropoulos’ assassination.
Five days before the murder, it is believed that the 21-year-old suspect, along with an accomplice, had tailed Kalogeropoulos with the intent to terminate his life, yet their plan did not materialize. Additional suspects, aged 41 and 44, are also entangled in this complex case, with the older suspect’s abode being the purported headquarters for the murder planning, as well as the sanctuary for the culprits following the deed.
Forensic Links and Defense Stance
The 41-year-old’s presence at this house has been corroborated by telecommunications data, and an even more direct connection was established with his DNA being discovered on one of the shell casings at the crime scene. Despite the mounting evidence, there was no opposition from the defense concerning the extended detention of the suspects. However, the 21-year-old’s legal representative voiced concerns, suggesting his client is unfairly targeted by law enforcement and the media.
In an interesting development, there has been an announcement that an overseas team will be joining the investigation, potentially to assist with the Cyprus Confidential claims, indicating the complexity and international ramifications of this case.
- Overseas team to assist with Cyprus Confidential claims
- President urges halt to Akamas projects
- Thunderstorm alert with a yellow weather warning
- Navigating social circles: How to make friends in Cyprus
- Cyprus Business Now: Latest updates
- Union dissent over Okypy hospital labor proposals
Need assistance? Here’s a helpful list for residents and visitors:
- Emergency & Medical Services
- Utilities, transport & telecoms information
- Holiday & working hour schedules
- Citizens’ One Stop service centers
- Support from the Cyprus Consumers’ Association
Stay informed by signing up for the Cyprus Mail Newsletter and never miss out on the latest news.
Looking for specific services? Here’s where you can find them:
- Local pharmacies
- On-duty GPs and Pediatricians for weekends
- Airport details
- Seaport & Marina information
- Major Stock market indices
Navigating the Cyprus Mail Site
Here’s a quick guide to what you can find on our site:
- Crime updates and Cyprus Talks
- Education insights and Schools Guide
- Property market trends and Environmental news
- Opinion pieces from our regular columnists
- Global news from Africa to the Middle East and Offbeat stories
- Business and Finance insights
- Sports coverage from Football to Motoring
- Life & Style features from Entertainment to Travel
Our website utilizes Google Analytics to help us understand website traffic and webpage usage to improve our content and user engagement.
Your Choices and Privacy
For further information or assistance, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember, enabling strictly necessary cookies is recommended to ensure the best possible experience on our website.
- The Limassol district court has extended the remand for two individuals suspected in the murder of Thanasis Kalogeropoulos.
- Evidence includes CCTV footage and vehicles linked to the suspects, with additional forensic ties to a 41-year-old involved in the case.
- An international team joins the investigation, indicating its complexity and broader implications.
- The murder of Thanasis Kalogeropoulos occurred in broad daylight on October 30 in Yermasoyia.
- The suspects, aged 21 and 22, were escorted to the court proceedings with a strong police presence.