Cyprus Greens – Citizens Cooperation’s Animal Welfare and Protection Office recommend that animal owners should be extremely cautious with pet care in the upcoming summer months.
In a statement released on Tuesday, the Cyprus Greens reminded owners that they shoulder the responsibility for the welfare of their pets and should at all times;
- Ensure they have adequate water at all times, especially when they are left alone.
- Make the necessary arrangements for their care in the event of the owners going on holiday without their pets.
- Refrain from leaving pets in closed cars as they could die from heat stroke.
- Choose morning, evening hours for their walks (and of course clean up after them)
- Be informed about dog-friendly beaches and avoid using crowded beaches.
The Animal Welfare and Protection Office of the Cyprus Greens-Citizen’s Cooperation will be available to offer assistance to pet owners whenever needed.
Cyprus Greens – Citizens Cooperation have requested from the new Parliament to examine their demands for creating organized dog-friendly beaches, removing the restrictions that ban dogs from beaches all year long and creating an animal police.